BIG APPLE COMIC CON “Back to Spring”
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MARCH 25-26 2023, THE NEW YORKER HOTEL, 481 8TH AVE @ 34TH ST.
After our sold out December 17th 2022, “Christmas Con,” BACC, NYC’s original comic con is rolling out our 3RD Annual “Back To Spring” event. Now into our 26th year, BACC is an essential NYC comic book and pop culture collectible event, and a national hub for comic book collectors and traders. Many of the biggest dealers in the country attend and some of the greatest collectible books are exhibited, bought, sold, traded.
The BACC Back to Spring event will include over 100 artists, guests, exhibitors, and cosplayers, with a special focus on up and coming artists from the NYC area. Guests include:
- Legendary Marvel Comics creator, writer, and editor Roy Thomas who wrote more than 1200 titles, edited over 1000 Marvel books, and is responsible for thousands of subjects produced while Editor-in-Chief at Marvel from 1972 to 1974. Roy is the real deal, a giant of the Silver Age and the man who opened the Bronze Age of comic books. Roy is bringing two exclusive, very limited edition, Variant Covers.
- The King of Indie Animation, twice Oscar nominated Bill Plympton. In 1991, Plympton won the Prix Spécial du Jury at the Cannes Film Festival for Push Comes to Shove which was featured on MTV’s animated series Liquid Television. Bill’s cartoons have appeared in the NYTimes, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, and his video animation credits include over a dozen Simpsons
- Alitha Martinez 2018 Eisner Award, and GLAAD Media Award winner (World of Wakanda). Innovative, versatile (Iron Man, Moon Girl, Black Panther, Nubia, Archie), a complete master of the craft and culture, Alitha’s unique style and humane vision emerge whatever subject she creates, her skills just keep growing.
- Best selling Author (books, comics, graphic novels), playwright, screenwriter, actor, teacher Clay McLeod Chapman is at the forefront of horror writing (Ghost Eaters, Whisper Down the Lane). The NYTs noted how “Chapman uses the macabre to explore the humanity of his characters and reveal an almost spiritual side to the horrific.” Clay’s comic book credits include Marvel Spiderman , and cutting edge comic book horror
- The master blaster himself Jim Steranko, whose daringly bold style and vision changed the direction of comic book art
- Russ Braun the artist behind Jimmy’s Bastards, and Marvel’s hit Where Monsters’ Dwell, whose long and storied career began at DC comics with Batman and Justice League
- Jamal Igle, Inkpot Award winner, artist, editor, art director, creator of the hit comic Molly Danger. His work for DC, Marvel, and Image, from Starship Troopers, Green Lantern, to Supergirl, Iron Fist/Wolverine to Venture, and Nightwing have distinguished him as a master stylist and a major voice of the new generation.
- James Sherman a unique comic book artist whose pencils and inks balance color and realism over a 50 year career from DC to Marvel (Superboy, Justice League, Startrek, Punisher, X-Men, Spiderman …)
- Ulises Farinas artist and illustrator of Star Wars, co-creator of Amazing Forest, Cloudia & Rex, Motro, and Gamma (Dark Horse), Lockjaw (Marvel). His most recent work is Dungeons & Dragons
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees The GO-GOs, the most famous female rock band in history. Drummer Gina Schock and Guitarist Kathy Valentine
- BACC’s special event “Back to Spring” animation, cosplay and horror film fest, with cartoons from the 1930s and 40s, horror shorts, trailers and clips from Paramount’s Dungeons and Dragons and Disney’s Mandalorian
- Best of all we will be screening Robin De Levita’s award winning Cosplay thriller LOST COS on Saturday and Sunday.
- And there is more, including an exclusive Sunday Meet and Greet with Roy Thomas (20 guests only).
Origins of Play will again offer a comprehensive, playable history of video games. Pick your favorite from Space Invaders to Super Smash Bros and play all day (or park the kids and enjoy our panel events).
Of course, BACC’s rightfully famous Cosplay contest, with prizes by our partner Ultimate Wireless. On Sunday we will host our first ever Cosplay Cabaret.
All of this in the spacious ballrooms of the Art Deco masterpiece New Yorker Hotel (481 8th Ave @34th St).
Big Apple Comic Con “Back To Spring is Saturday & Sunday March 25-26 2023 10am-7pm (early admission 9am)
Tickets: General Admission $35 Saturday; $30 Sunday; VIP Admission $90; Two day General Admission $50; Kids under 14 $15; Kids under 10 are Free. Meet and Greet with Roy Thomas $220 (Includes Sunday VIP admission)
For information, booking, and appointments please contact email@example.com or text 718-3147137